Let me tell you a little secret about me … I’m NOT a morning person and I LOVE my sleep. I want to lay snuggled in my bed for as long as I possibly can, resting and relaxing, because as soon as I get up I don’t stop until I go back to bed. Therefore, I’m always looking for easy, quick, and nutritious breakfasts to make for my family on our crazy weekday mornings.
We all love these premade oatmeal jars and they meet my requirements: they’re super easy to prep, they’re nutritious, and they’re very fast in the morning. The best part is that they’re versatile. You can change up the recipe to fit what you have in your house or what your family likes.
*Hobby Lobby, they frequently have their glass jars 50% off.
Layer the following ingredients in an 8 ounce glass jar, cover, and store in pantry for a quick, healthy breakfast :
- 1/3 rounded cup oatmeal (I use gluten-free thick cut oats)
- 2 tsp vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp chia seeds or ground flax seeds
- 1/2 tsp powdered vanilla
- dash of cinnamon
- Heat water on stove, in the microwave, or in an electric kettle
- Add 2/3 – 3/4 cup of hot water to jar
- Stir very well as powders may clump
- Let sit for 5 minutes
- Pour oatmeal into a bowl and top with fresh fruit
- option – instead of or in addition to fresh fruit, add 1-2 TBS of freeze dried fruit in jar prior to adding water
- option – add 1/2 – 1 tsp of honey or maple syrup to sweeten it up a bit
For a well rounded breakfast we include a small yogurt, hard boiled egg, or lean breakfast meat. YUM!
Heading To Break Up Text
Second Set of Paragraphs 2-3
It is possible,